Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eastern Illinois and Indiana Photo Trip

Started about 8:00am had an idea that we were going to Rockomes Gardens,,,I read that the Amish had bought the gardens,,,And I kinda remembered that Amish didn't want there picture taken,,,I'm not to into taking pictures of people who don't want it taken,,,But we go anyway,,,,so we get there and the place is closed up,,the store was open so we got some blueberry and blackberry cider some Amish cheese and a free magazine for Amish sites ,,,on the back page there is a ad for Bridgeton, Indiana,,,,,this county has 31 covered bridges ,,,,checked the gps it looked like Bridgeton was 69 miles away,,, lets do it,,,,On the way we see a small old town  decide to do a once around through town,,,we struck gold or so I think,,,, front row was a dozen or more old old 50's model Chevrolet's
Bel Aire's ,Nomads,,Panel Wagons ,, trucks ,,,,,all 1950's models,,,all vintage original  patina ,,,we go around the corner and there are probably 1000 more old Chevy's stacked on top of each other ,,,,I was photo crazy at this point,,,then the locals started circling the block wondering what we were doing there I decided it was a good time to leave before Johnny Law started wandering what we were doing,,,not that we were riding dirty or nothing just didn't want to test em,,, Billy jo Bob had already went around the block 5 times watching us and never waved once
 Back on the road we get to Indiana,,,,we found 7 of the covered bridges out of 31 we spent a couple hours shooting the bridges,,,It starts too get dark and I figure its time to head back,,,only excitement was when I seen a squad car do a u turn in the road and just so happens we come to a turn off that looked like a back road I look in the rear view and with all the hills that smokey wasn't in my view,,, so I turned and booked ass,,,made it back to town just in time for my Wed night card game only 10 mins late
now I got some editing to do















pics coming soon

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see the Bridges and ,,Dam The Late 50's chevys Could you Just Images them back in the Day ,,Awsome Trev

    ReplyDelete

Fall 2019 Michigan Llama Farm